The Rare Earth Industry at a Glance
- REEs are sold B2B (Business to Business) with a market of approximately 15,000 tonnes per year
- China controls 97% of the market
- Companies that focus uniquely on exploration of REEs tend to trade with a capitalized value <$25 M.
- Companies with proven reserves that focus on refining REEs trade with a capitalized value in the $160-460 M range
- The great majority of REEs companies are trading below their 52 week high. Of the companies surveyed, only one is trading near its 52 week high—see competition analysis below.
- To summarize the REE industry: It is no longer sufficient to claim to have reserves in the ground. Property owners must demonstrate they can put the reserves into play.
Description of the Rare Earth Elements